And the winner is…
How did I locate and select Think101x?
- I randomly searched for online courses…
- I started a few…mainly how-to courses on Lynda.com
- I did a needs analysis on myself…
- Searched The 50 best free online courses of all time↑! by www.class-central.com ↑(online course search engine)
- I looked at popular choice, Learning how to learn↑, but didn’t go ahead as it looked like you had to pay
- I previewed Think101x course overview video and read student reviews
- I selected Think101x to fulfil my needs:
- free, self-paced professional course developed by a reputable university created by and with experts
- a highly rated course as reviewed by former students
- the course enables me to incorporate what I learn from the design perspective and content in the courses I design – the course is conceptual rather than technical
- improves my own thinking, learning and understanding
- direct application in my own life
- I started episode 1 of 12 and liked what I learnt
- I was motivated to continue by the personable teachers, interesting interviews, and activities that made links from the content that I am learning to ‘real’ life
I have immersed myself quickly and am up to episode 4. There is one interesting point though made by Professor Richard Nesbitt↑ in episode 3 that made me think that all this reflection on my search and selection was rather pointless as:
"...we have no real insights into the determinants of our own behaviour..."
So I wonder really if there was any point to my search and selection process and whether my random choice would have been just as good?